After days of speculation on the whereabouts of Michael Jackson’s mother, Katherine Jackson, the matriarch of the Hollywood family finally spoke out.

On Wednesday evening (July 25), the 82 year-old called into ABC News to give her side of the story that has been making headlines. During a phone interview, Katherine spoke the words everyone was waiting to hear, saying, “I am here today to let everybody know that I am good and fine.”

According to Katherine’s son Randy, her absence was only intended so she could “be somewhere she could be cut off from the outside world,” and also adds that she is in “much better health” now. Mrs. Jackson also confirmed the same reasoning for why she says she was holed up at a family compound in Arizona.

So why did the grandmother and guardian of Michael’s three children fail to have contact with Paris, Blanket and Prince? “One reason I didn’t call is I just gave up my phone and I didn’t want to have any phone calls while I was here.” According to reports, not only was Katherine without her phone, but she was also cut off from television and computer access.

As previously reported by GossipCenter, while the head of the family was nowhere to be found, Michael’s nephew TJ Jackson was named the temporary guardian of the King of Pop’s three children. L.A. Superior Court Judge Mitchell L. Beckloff granted TJ’s petition and stated at the hearing, ” This is not a power play by TJ Jackson. This is based on the allegation that Katherine Jackson is being prevented from acting as guardian.”

Now, TJ’s attorney, Charles A. Schultz is explaining that the recent judgement is not meant to be permanent, saying, “We are looking at this as a Band-Aid until Miss Jackson returns or re-establishes contact with the kids,” however recent reports conflict that statement saying that the judge urged TJ to file for permanent guardianship.

As for now, Judge Beckloff has also ordered that Prince, Paris and Blanket should not be removed from California unless there is a court order allowing them to do so.