000d6065c51b09ef8a7b03

A sequel to “GI Joe, The Rise of Cobra” has been confirmed. The movie’s cast – which includes Sienna Miller and Channing Tatum – are all contractually obliged to return for a second film and Paramount Pictures vice chairman Rob Moore says a follow-up will go ahead. However, the first film’s director Stephen Sommers is not under agreement and it is unknown whether he will return even though he recently said he had already planned on a script to explore the “mythology” behind the elite military team.

“GI Joe, Rise of the Cobra” has made over $100 million worldwide since its release last Friday (07.08.09) with $56 million being made in North America along over the first three days. Sienna – who plays femme fatal The Baroness – recently admitted her acting abilities weren’t really put to the test when filming the movie. She said, “You know, ‘G.I. Joe,’ it’s not going to be the best acting work we’ve ever done.”